Recently, we reviewed the last three years progress with Mastery Coaching member, Chad Disbennett, CFP from Lancaster, Ohio, a small town of about 40,000 people, 30 miles south east of Columbus.
Traditional industry wisdom says…
- “You have to target all ages and wealth levels of prospects, because million-dollar prospects are rare in a small town.”
- “You don’t want to turn some off by only working with certain ‘qualified’ clients.”
- “You can’t expect qualified clients to work with you when you have less than 15 years’ experience.”
One of MY coaches asked me, “Scott, what are the key indicators of break-through success with your members?”
After thinking a bit, I answered, “There are 10 Key Mindset Indicators to break-through success. Here are two.”
- Open-Minded. They don’t need to follow the crowd. Break-through success requires you to swim against the current.
- Invest In Themselves. Winners invest in their best investment: themselves. Henry Ford said, “Old men always advise the young to save money. This is bad advice. Invest in yourself.”
- Willingness to Follow a Proven System. This the ability to check your genius at the “door of a proven system.”
W. Edwards Deming always said, “It is not enough to do your best; you must know what to do, and then do your best.”
Proven systems show you what to do.
“And, it’s curious that a number of our successes have athletic backgrounds,” I said to my coach, Perry Marshall, author of 80/20 Marketing.
“Not a surprise,” Perry said. “Athletes are trained to trust a system.”
How’s Chad doing NOT following traditional industry advice?